DHL Trade Automation Service Terms & Conditions
- Registration. To register to use TAS, you must complete the required data into the registration page of TAS. Only adults (i.e. natural persons being older than 18 years) are permitted to register for the TAS services.
- Your duties. You certify that the information you provide is correct, complete and accurate and that you will update it promptly if any of it changes. You are responsible for any damage or consequence that may arise from the use of false, incorrect or incomplete data. You are responsible for all activities conducted when using the TAS services in accordance with applicable laws. In particular, you shall obtain the consent of any third party for the use of their (personal) data by DHL, which you have provided to DHL via the TAS services. On request of DHL, you shall provide DHL with evidence of such consent. You grant DHL the right to use all (personal) data you transmitted when using the TAS services, for the purposes specified in the TAS services.
- Security. You agree to keep your TAS login credentials, including your password confidential, to safeguard it and your computer(s) from access by others/unauthorized users, and to log out of the website when your TAS session is complete. You are responsible for any use of the TAS website and TAS services made under your login and password by you or by others (including unauthorized users). If you become aware of or suspect any unauthorized use of your TAS account, or any known or suspected security breach such as disclosure or loss of your password or theft of your TAS account information, you should contact your local customer support promptly.
- Cost. At this time, there is no cost for using the TAS website or the TAS services. We reserve the right to begin charging for the services at any time upon notice to you, and/or to charge for certain special or premium TAS services, which will be clearly marked.
- DHL Website Terms and Conditions.
- Use of TAS. You may not use the TAS website and the TAS services for any unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to a service if, in our opinion, your use of the service may violate any laws, infringe upon another person's rights or violates the terms of this Agreement. You may use the TAS website and the TAS services solely for your personal use or for use by the entity you represent. You may not offer for sale, resell, market or distribute TAS services in whole or in part, nor may you resell or otherwise commercially exploit in any manner any of the content on the TAS website or data obtained from TAS queries. You may not scrape or display information from the TAS website for use in another website or service whether or not for payment. You agree not to post any content from the TAS website to newsgroups, mail lists, weblogs ("blogs"), or electronic bulletin boards, without DHL's prior written consent. You acknowledge that the information obtained from the TAS website is time-sensitive and may change frequently, and you agree not to create a database using the content.
- Modification of TAS. DHL may upgrade, modify or restrict the TAS offering, including but not limited to the contents or features of the Services, and may substitute the website with another solution or terminate the TAS offering, at any time, without notice, either temporarily or permanently, without incurring any liability to you.
- Other Websites. DHL is not responsible for the content or accuracy of information obtained from any third party (non-DHL) websites which may be linked to or from the TAS website, or which you may access from the TAS website.
- Intellectual Property. The TAS website, the user interfaces, the "look and feel," the content available through the TAS website, and all associated know-how, methodologies and processes are and will remain the sole property of DHL or DHL's third party suppliers and are protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret and other intellectual property laws. You may not copy, reverse engineer, decompile or create derivative works from the TAS website or the TAS services. You may print out or electronically store the results of TAS queries for your personal use or use by the entity you represent. You will cooperate promptly and completely with any reasonable request by DHL related to an investigation of infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. YOUR USE OF TAS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE TAS SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, DHL DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE TAS SERVICES ARE NOT WARRANTED TO BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. DHL IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INABILITY TO ACCESS OR DELAY IN ACCESSING TAS DUE TO UNAVAILABLE OR UNRELIABLE TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS, INCOMPATIBLE EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE YOU USE FOR SUCH ACCESS, OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND DHL'S CONTROL.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will DHL be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages (including but not limited to loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of goodwill, lost opportunity, business interruption, penalties, fines or loss of information) arising out of your use of or inability to use the TAS services, even if DHL has been advised of the possibility of such damages. WHILE DHL ENDEAVOURS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE AND CURRENT INFORMATION VIA THE TAS WEBSITE, DHL CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE FROM ERRORS. DHL'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY, AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY ERRORS IN TAS SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED TO THE FEE YOU PAID (IF ANY) FOR THE ERRONEOUS TRANSACTION OR US$50.00, WHICHEVER IS LESS . THE LAWS OF CERTAIN COUNTRIES OR STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS IN CLAUSES 17 AND 18 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- Governing Law. This agreement is governed by the laws of Germany, without regard to conflict of law principles.